The value of Bitcoin keeps on becoming the biggest in the world of cryptocurrency ever since its release in 2009. Because of that, it’s also becoming the biggest target for scammers to scam people out of their Bitcoin assets. Be aware of the Bitcoin assets that you hold today, as it might be the target for scammers to get a hold of.
This is the reason you need to ensure that you are keeping your Bitcoin assets in a safe place, practicing the security best practices for your crypto assets, and keeping all the confidential information related to your Bitcoin assets secure.
Bitcoin Investing is Not Always Secure
Investing in Bitcoin has its own risks. This is something that any Bitcoin investor needs to know. Remember, you will pour a lot of money to buy all those Bitcoin assets, so you need to ensure that your money goes in the right direction.
You don’t want to end up getting scammed by some unscrupulous people because you don’t know how to handle your own crypto investment.
Also, you need to pay attention that most Bitcoin scammers will target people who know very little about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, so it’s very important for you to educate yourself about crypto investing.
You need to ensure that you are using the Bitcoin trading or investment platform trusted by millions of people. Pick your brokers well, as you will trust your money to them.
Also Read: 3 Best Crypto Bots for Beginners
Potential Bitcoin Scammers, You Need to Avoid
Because of the popularity of Bitcoin, there are scammers out there who are trying to get your money in the name of this popular cryptocurrency. You need to be aware of their existence, and you need to avoid any scammer trying to scam Bitcoin out of your wallet.
Here are the potential Bitcoin scammers you need to avoid:
- Fake investment platform. Fake investment platform offers you the ability to trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on their platform. However, when you make a deposit and trade there, you cannot withdraw your money.
- Fake Bitcoin exchange platform. You can exchange your Bitcoin assets with cash, and there are exchange services offering you bigger rates than the regular exchange services. Most of the time, these are fake Bitcoin exchange platforms trying to scam you out of your Bitcoin assets.
- Phishing email. Scammers send you phishing emails that contain links to a fake Bitcoin website, which looks like a legitimate website. Then, you will need to enter your confidential information related to your Bitcoin assets, and if you do that, you will lose those crypto assets because you’re giving your confidential information to hackers.
- Fake giveaway. There are some sites that offer you some Bitcoin giveaways which require you to pay to enter. You will need to pay a certain amount of money to register for the Bitcoin giveaway, and you will end up losing your money and getting nothing out of the giveaway event.
- Fake Bitcoin website. There are also fake Bitcoin websites that are trying to give you some misleading information about Bitcoin, giving you some links to shady Bitcoin trading platforms. You need to avoid these sites, as they are dangerous and often run by scammers to get your Bitcoin out of your wallet.
Please note that there are still many methods scammers can use to scam Bitcoin out of your wallet. So, be sure to keep your private key with you and never give confidential information about your Bitcoin assets to anyone else, even if you think you can trust that person.
Also, consider using the hardware wallet to keep your Bitcoin assets secure offline.
As for your scammed Bitcoin, you can recover your crypto assets by following these tips.
Tip #1 – Report Your Case to Financial Authorities
The first thing that you need to do to recover scammed Bitcoin is to report your case to financial authorities. Contact the financial authorities in your country and explain to them about your case of a stolen crypto asset. They might help you by referring you to some institutions where you can go further with your case.
However, make sure that cryptocurrency is legal in your country. If you pursue this step in a country that bans the use of Bitcoin, then you won’t have any luck in recovering your crypto assets.
Tip #2 – Get Help from the Other Members of the Investment Platform
Getting advice from the same members of the investment platform will also help you with the case you are experiencing right now. However, you might only get some valuable advice regarding how you can fix the problem and prevent it from happening in the future.
Most of the time, the members of the investment platform might just give you some tips about how to be more proficient with your Bitcoin investment. They might also give you some steps to go further in recovering your scammed Bitcoin, such as by pursuing the legal route.
Tip #3 – Contact the Bitcoin Recovery Expert
There’s a service called the Bitcoin recovery expert which can help you recover scammed Bitcoin for a fee. You might need to consider using this service if you think you have exhausted all the resources in trying to get your scammed Bitcoin back.
The Bitcoin recovery expert will often help you recover your lost Bitcoin, and they can work with legal authorities to help you do that.
However, you need to know that the fee might be expensive to recover your scammed Bitcoin assets. Use this method only if you’ve lost a sizeable amount of Bitcoin assets worth plenty of money. It will be worth the expenses to pay for the Bitcoin recovery expert.
Also Read: Bitcoin Bank Trading System Review
These are some useful tips you can follow to recover scammed Bitcoin from scammers. Getting scammed out of your Bitcoin assets is something that requires serious actions on your part to recover it.
Sometimes, you need to take the legal approach to recover stolen Bitcoin assets if the value is high enough. You might also need to hire some professional experts to help you with the recovery of your crypto assets.
There are ways you can take to recover your scammed Bitcoin, but these methods might not be effective enough. Sometimes, you need to deal with the fact that you’ve lost some of your Bitcoin assets to scammers and cannot recover them.
However, there’s always hope that remains for you to recover your crypto assets. Follow these tips and you can come up with the solution that fits your situation.